Thank you for your interest in being part of Wakefield Live. The festival will take place across Wakefield City Centre on September 17th 2022.
We’re inviting artists and venues to apply. Closer to the festival, we will look through the applications and begin to pair them up so they can work together and make the magic happen. Please be patient.
There is also scope for independent promoters to get involved too!
If you belong to any of these groups listed above, select the option that applies.
If you are interested in being a venue, please complete this form. This form is just to give us an idea, so don’t worry about having to stick to your choices later. Once we’ve compiled interested venues, we’ll get back in touch.
Wakefield Live will:
- Promote all activity as a whole through our social media.
- Create a map of activity available for free on the day.
- Create a poster or some means for the public to identify your venue as being part of Wakefield Live for free.
- Create an online timetable of all activity + support through our website.
- Arrange press and local support as best we can.
We can also:
- Help find you artists.
- Help book PAs or technical equipment.
- Any type of live performance is allowed: music (original or cover), theatre, spoken word etc. No restrictions.
- All performances must be free to attend.
- All artists / performers must be offered payment for their work.
- Artist costs will need to be covered by venues, but we aim to be able to offer options, meaning venues can get involved for minimal contribution, or can choose to invest more.
Thank you for you interest. Please fill out this form to express your interest and we will get back in touch.
The venues you could perform in may vary. They could be regular venues, with stages, tech and lights, or they could be cafes, shops or other non-traditional spaces.
This means we’re looking for shows / performers of all kinds and sizes.
We believe all artists should be paid for their time and work. The application includes the minimum fee you require to perform. Please be honest about this and do not under value yourself or your work.
Speaking of new and exciting, we also have limited pots of money to support first time promoters, or existing promoters to try something new. Always wanted to try your hand at running your own stage at a festival? We can help make that happen with funds and mentoring.
If you are already planning to run your own event on September 17th, then you can simply add it to our programme, by contacting us on our Contact page.